markneustadt.com

Properties and Web Services

Such a weird thing…  the project I’m working on is using a distributed architecture.  Everything is all on my workstation, but the architecture is split out into a web service as one project and the UI as a separate project.

I just ran into a very strange situation where some properties of the objects in the web service weren’t exposing themselves!  Even if I tried to use the web service itself by accessing the .ASMX page… they just weren’t there.
It turns out that I had marked the properties as READONLY and for whatever reason, that was preventing them from coming out in the web service return object.
YARG.  >:-(
I removed the READONLY attribute and just set the setters to do nothing.  Finally!  Back to work.
Scroll To Top