Log4Net and Performance

Wow… I just removed log4net from my project.  What a performance hog log4net is!

Let’s be clear… I had simply disabled log4net by turning the responders “OFF”.  I never modified the code to check to see if debugging was enabled or anything like that.  Just turning it “OFF” didn’t really help anything.  I kept finding errors in the log that it was unable to get access to the log file like it wanted.
By commenting everything out, my performance jumped!  I suppose at some point I’ll go back and add the logic to only log things if it’s turned on.  Right now, I don’t need the logging so I’ll leave it disabled.